January - 2019 Newsletter
- How to decrease access to prescription pills
- How to increase access to Narcan
- How to end the stigma of addiction
- How to effectively implement evidence-based education and prevention strategies
- How to increase access to and connect with community members who have managed the treatment/recovery system for an individual struggling with substance use disorder
- Outreach/Communications Subcommittee Meeting – Friday, January 25th, 10am, LPS Central Office, 535 Bliss Road in Room A31
Description: The Outreach and Communications Subcommittee’s role is to ensure the coalition builds strong and strategic relationships with stakeholders through the integration of the coalitions’s education, events, and prevention activities. It achieves this by:
- Working with committee members to develop a community relations plan that identifies formal and informal mechanisms to dialogue with the community
- Evaluating stakeholder relationships
- Developing criteria to identify and select collaborative partners
- Working with members to draft communications campaigns to share with community members and elected officials
- Serving as a conduit for communicating with various media outlets
- Promoting the coalition’s services to the community
- Working with members to develop key messages articulated to stakeholders
- Assessment and Evaluation Subcommittee Meeting – January Meeting, TBD, LPS Central Office, 535 Bliss Road in Room A31
Description: This subcommittee assists in the coordination of community-level assessment and oversees the school climate survey and community survey. This subcommittee maintains and implements the evaluation of coalitions strategies and interventions, monitoring and supporting assessment activities before and after community-wide events.
- Full Coalition Meeting – ALL WELCOME! Monday, March 11th, 7pm, LCTV Recording Live in A15, 535 Bliss Rd, TUNE IN! Channels 12 & 809.
- Longmeadow Employers Listening Session over Dinner! – Tuesday, March 12th, 4:30pm, Location: St. Mary’s Parrish Center, 519 Longmeadow Street. ALL LONGMEADOW EMPLOYERS WELCOME!