Coalition of Longmeadow for a Substance Free Community CLOSE Coalition brings together different parts of the community to focus efforts on education, prevention, and providing resources and support for treatment of substance use disorders. CLOSE collaboratively initiates, coordinates, and sustains prevention and intervention efforts that reduce youth (and other community members’) substance use and abuse within the Town of Longmeadow.
Take Action/Opioid Prevention Subcommittee
Lisa Taylor Kelly
Cannabis Prevention Take Action Subcommittee
Outreach & Marketing Subcommittee
Needs Assessment Subcommittee (AdHoc)
Lisa Taylor Kelly
Shelly Bathe Lenn
Business – Bobby Barkett, The Kitchen
Civic/Volunteer Organizations – Elisabeth Paulson, Boy Scouts of America Troop 90
Healthcare Professionals – Dr. Lisa Taylor Kelly, Baystate Pediatrics
Law Enforcement – Det. Lt. Michael Jurkowski, Longmeadow Police Department
Media – Bryon Kozacza, Longmeadow Community Television
Parents – Candice Healy, LHS Student Class ’24
Religious/Fraternal Organizations – Rev. Charlotte LaForest, St. Andrew’s Parish
Schools – Sue Bertrand, Assistant Superintendent for Learning with LPS
State/Local/Tribal Government – Finn McCool, Board of Health
Substance Abuse Organizations – Barbara Gallo, Stonybrook Stabilization & Treatment Center
Youth – Riya Sandler, Grace Cherichetti, LHS
Youth Serving Organizations – Amy Stec, Jewish Community Center
We’re looking to partner with organizations and businesses in the town of Longmeadow. Interested? Read on!
The mission of CLOSE Community is to collaboratively initiate, coordinate, and sustain prevention and intervention efforts that reduce and address youth substance use and the impact of associated disorders within the Town of Longmeadow.
As a partner of the CLOSE Community Coalition, benefits are:
- Your company will be recognized as a supporter of an informed community regarding the impact of drug and alcohol use.
- Your logo will be listed on our website as a community partner.
- You will be kept abreast of coalition efforts through our monthly e-newsletter.
What CLOSE Community requests of you:
- You plan to host a CLOSE event or meeting during the calendar year, or…
- You or your staff member(s) attend at least one CLOSE event or meeting during the calendar year or…
- You donate goods and/or services toward a CLOSE event, meeting, or initiative during the calendar year.
*We do ask that you periodically allow for posting or advertising on your premises and on your social media platform(s) of upcoming special events regarding our education and prevention efforts.
Want to partner with us? Sign our agreement HERE!